Puestos de trabajo
AN2018/030 Client Service Assistant
Publicado el 20 de diciembre de 2018 por OIM
Client Service Assistant
Panama City, Panama
Type of Appointment:
Fixed-Term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date:
As soon as possible
January 2, 2019
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged. For the purpose of the vacancy, the following
are considered first- tier candidates:
2.Qualified applicants from the following NMS countries:
Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Belize, Benin, Burundi, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Czech Republic, Comoros, Djibouti, El
Salvador, Gabon, Gambia, Guyana, Holy See, Iceland, Israel, Lesotho, Libya, Luxemburg, Madagascar, Maldives, Malta, Marshall Islands, Montenegro, Micronesia, Mongolia,
Namibia, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Republico of Congo, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Seychelles, Somalia, Suriname, Swaziland, Tanzania, Timor
Leste, Togo, Trinidad and Tobago, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
3.External female candidates.
Under the general oversight of the Immigration & Border Management (IBM) Division’s Facilitated Migration Services (FMS) Unit at HQ and reporting directly to the regional VAC Coordinator programmatically and directly to the Chief of Mission administratively, the Incumbent will provide administrative support for the Visa Application Centres (VAC) in Panama operated by IOM.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
·Take responsibility for the day to day running of the Canadian VAC which will include preparing appropriate paperwork and templates for our project team, arranging IT configuration in conjunction with an appropriate expert (if not qualified), and any other reasonable requests relating to the running of the VAC.
·Provide client service excellence to applicants at all times, in full compliance with the Statement of Work (SOW) and the Service Standards.
·Assist in the provision of client information: distribution of application forms, information sheets and checklists regarding visa requirements; assist with telephone, e-mail, chat and SMS inquiries from clients (including requirements for submitting visa applications and the location of client’s passport), providing timely and accurate information to clients; marketing and providing assistance to clients with Value Added Services including but not limited to Self-Service and Assisted Data Entry services. Informing clients of any changes to visa requirements or submission procedures.
·Assist in the collection and forwarding of complete applications as per checklists, including biometrics collection: provide guidance to clients on the proper completion of application forms, while reviewing and collecting same applications along with any supporting / additional documents, as required; record, dispatch and follow up on applications and passports; arrange appointments for visa applicants who require interview, as required.
·Collection of Fees: Where required, collect the applicable visa fee(s) and IOM service fee(s); issue accurate receipts; daily reconciliation of receipts and reporting same; Safe keeping of all applications, supporting documentation and fees collected and responsible for office keys;
·Data Capture; Assist in maintaining a high degree of skill in using the software platform provided; enter all applicant data, enrol biometrics as required, submit application documents in the required order, while forwarding all applicant, passport and appointment information to host government; ensure accurate tracking of both applications and supporting documents via the software’s bar code scanning system;
·Returning of passports, supporting documentation and visa decisions. Assist in collecting processed applications; returning processed applications, passports and supporting documentation;
·Assist in maintaining accurate and detailed records of all applications and fees received, and biometrics enrolled and report these records daily;
·Maintain a professional appearance and migrant friendly demeanour at all times;
·Maintain positive working relationships with IOM’s Lead VAC Partner, VFS Global and host government staff locally.
·Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to her/his daily work and regularly make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
·Comply with the IOM Policy for a Respectful Working Environment”, “IOM Confidentiality Agreement”, “IOM Data Protection Manual”, IOM Standards of Conduct”, and the “IOM Policy on Reporting Irregular Practices, Wrongdoing and Misconduct”.
- Such other duties as may be assigned by the IVSS/IBM Unit at HQ, the CoM/HoO and the regional VAC Manager.
- Technical: Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments; coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures; supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors
1.Report to the CVAC manager in charge of the project in case of absence/vacations and any specific task requested by other entities
2.The use of uniform is mandatory - it will be provided by the project
3.Different assignments are going to be designated by the VAC manager during the daily operation.
4.Schedule time attendance from 8:30-5:30 Monday to Friday
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Secondary School Diploma. A University degree in Business Management, Client Services, Social Science or related discipline will be would be a strong advantage or
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy & confidentiality in performing responsibilities;
- Excellent computer skills, especially in MS Office
- Strong interpersonal & intercultural skills with an attention to detail
- Team player
- Total integrity
- Minimum 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting such as: embassies, visa application centers, consulates or similar & capacity preferred.
- Previously experience in any type of visa process or visa application center.
·Fluency in English and Spanish
·Working knowledge of French is an advantage
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – Promotes continuous learning for self and others
- Communication – Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – Actively seeks new ways of improving programmes or services
- Leadership and negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Performance Management – Identify ways and implement actions to improve performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing – plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Professionalism - Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Technological Awareness - Learns about developments in available technology
·Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
How to apply:
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM will only accept online applications through link: https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDA1MDU2ODUxQzdDMUVEOTgxOENEMzIwNjZFRDIwQzkmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN
If there is any issue with the online application please send us an e-mail to PAC-Recruitment@iom.int, by december 26, 2018 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.