Puestos de trabajo
Assistant and Information Management Officer (IMO) (Position based in Panama City)
Publicado el 5 de enero de 2019 por ICRC
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization whose mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence, and to provide them with assistance. It also endeavors to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
Established in 1863, the ICRC operates worldwide and employ more than 16’000 staff in over 80 countries. Its headquarters is in Geneva, Switzerland.
The ICRC Regional Delegation for Panama and Caribbean, is seeking an energetic, bright, experienced and highly motivated person to fill the position of:
Assistant and Information Management Officer (IMO)
(Position based in Panama City)
The Assistant & IMO provides high-level administrative support to the Management team (Head of Delegation and Deputy Head of Delegation). Having a broad vision of the delegation's activities and overview of priority issues, s/he plays a key role to facilitate the work for the Management team and to guarantee the efficient functioning of the Delegation. S/he is responsible for the information management (IM), ensuring an efficient and consistent workflow. S/he acts as a reference person for written protocols, correspondence, records and information management systems, as well as for training staff members on IM tools.
Support to the Management team
- Acts as a facilitator within the management team and eases decision-making process, ensuring a coordinated and consistent work-flow.
- Manages calendar and scheduling for the Management team taking proactively into account strategic priorities of the delegation.
- Coordinates external meetings, events, and planning for visitors and prepares briefing materials and specific files, including logistics aspect.
- Maintains an active professional network of high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps and keeps the contacts databases up to date.
- Organizes and participates to internal meetings and takes minutes of meeting upon request, follows up on deadlines and implementation of decisions and strategies, points out problems.
- Prepares and follows up travel request forms for the Management team for their field missions.
- Drafts independently diplomatic correspondence and proof-reads, edits, compiles, finalizes summaries reports and other documents in Spanish and English.
- Translates documents and reports from Spanish to English and vice versa upon request.
- Drafts procedures or directives for the signature of the Management team.
- Anticipates and assigns priority to requests and documents sent to the Management team.
- Prepares files and carries out research on specific files.
Information Management (IM)
- Manages and coordinates a coherent and efficient information flow within the office, ensuring that policies, procedures and directives are applied by all staff members.
- Distributes incoming email and correspondence and ensures appropriate follow up.
- Establishes and revises information management procedures and communication rules, including security and protection of confidential data.
- Organizes, manages, updates and monitors the information on ICRC platform systems (SharePoint, IBM Lotus Notes, Intranet, web-based applications).
- Controls and updates the data access rights ensuring policy compliance.
- Develops, manages, updates and maintains the record management system
- Ensures the external presentations, letterhead stationery, business cards, comply with the applicable visual identity policy.
- Provides training to staff members on information management, written protocol and correspondence, record management, document security, as well as computing systems.
- Provides support and advice to staff members on technical issues related to IM tools.
- Coordinates and works closely with the Regional Information Management Adviser to set goals and priorities in order to achieve the objectives based on the Information Environment Strategy (IES);
- Makes an active contribution for the implementation, management and monitoring of projects and systems related to the IES.
- Keeps knowledge and skills up to date on technology system and rapidly adapt to changes.
- University degree or certification as an administrative assistant or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position, preferably in an international organization.
- Proficiency in English and Spanish a must (knowledge of French an asset).
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint and IBM Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of Information management, records management, project management.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Energetic and perseverant with ability to work independently and in a disciplined manner
- Pro-activeness to set priorities under tight deadlines.
- Analytical skills and ability to produce synthetic documents or instructions.
- .Sense of initiative, curiosity and creativity
- Service orientated with experience in problem solving and decision making.
- Interest and capacity to train staff members, with pedagogical skills
- Capacity to represent the ICRC to high-level contacts and counterparts in the diplomatic corps.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the required confidentiality
- Ability to work and adapt effectively as a team member in a multicultural environment
- Proven ability to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment.
Interested and qualified persons with the required experience are invited to submit their application in English with a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of certificates and contact details of 3 references to the Human Resources department at the following email address: email@example.com indicate code PAN1902
Please include in your cover letter your salary expectations. Application process will close January 21, 2019.