Puestos de trabajo
Finance Assistant / Junior Accountant
Publicado el 14 de enero de 2019 por Save the Children
- Finance Assistant / Junior Accountant
- Panama RO
Type of Contract:
- National / Permanent
The post holder is responsible under the supervision of the Regional Finance Officer to maintain Regional Office Accounts and prepare weekly payment runs. In addition, the Finance Assistant providing support to the Finance Officer on specific tasks such as preparation of supporting documentation for payments –review of travel expense reports & Credit card statements and cash counts.
In case of an emergency situation, the flexibility of the post holder is expected to work outside his / her usual job description and be able to adapt to the tasks and schedules required as needed.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Regional Finance Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
Budget Responsibilities: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Preparation of documents necessary to process reimbursements / payments
- Ensure receipt of invoices and payments of utilities
- Coordinate payments to suppliers as appropriate ensuring all procedures are followed
- Create payments in E-banking system and prepare checks
- Maintain control of bank balance
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Perform independent cash accounts
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Data entry of cash, bank, intercompany & other journals in accounting system
- Maintain up to date and organized filing system of supporting documentation for accounting records
- Review and follow up on travel expense reports and credit card statements
- Provide filing support such as filing payment voucher and supporting documents in accounting files
- Provide briefing on expense report process to staff
- Review all expense reports for RO staff
- Replace the Administrative Assistant in assigned duties as needed
- Perform other functions of the area as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Accounting or Finance graduate or last year student.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Highly detail oriented
- Computer competency requiring word-processing, spreadsheet and database software knowledge and experience.
- Good judgment and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks in an environment of constant demands.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High internal customer orientation
- High level of commitment to values of Save the Children;
- English and Spanish knowledge
- Please apply on this link.: